3 - 5 years
About ONS: With 26 top sub-specialty trained physicians in orthopedics, neurosurgery, sports medicine and physical medicine rehabilitation, ONS is the most comprehensive and advanced practice of its kind in the region, with offices in Greenwich & Stamford, CT and Harrison, NY.
Overview: Orthopaedic & Neurosurgery Specialists (ONS) is seeking to hire a Ambulatory Surgical Billing Specialist. This is a newly created position in our Business Office. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. This is a full time postion with benefits.
Summary: Reporting to the Billing Manager, the incumbent is responsible for daily charges, payments, follow up, answering calls and adjustments. The incumbent would be responsible for daily charges, answering phone calls coming into the billing team, posting checks, calling on denied claims, working the A/R,checking on several websites a day for EOB's and payment information.
The incumbent serves as the ONS internal subject matter expert on all surgical billing matters including communicating with patients and insurance companies.
Minimum Formal Education and Related Experience:
- Associates degree and/or certificate program or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Three years of experience with surgical billing, preferably for Orthoptics and Neurosurgery
- Fully proficient in the use of computer systems including MS Office and office technologies such as scanning and printing equipment.
- Must be fluent and fully knowledgeable in all applicable privacy laws, regulations and current practices such as HIPAA.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
Working Environment: Medical office environment.
- Submitting clean claims to all payers for An Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Investigating and resubmitting correct coding for rejected or denied claims for all payers
- Answers incoming calls and assists patients and insurance companies, etc. with questions and/or issues as well as claim status, filing claims, posting insurance payments and entering charges.
- Answers a variety of correspondence from orthopedic patients and their representatives, insurance companies, regarding billing, insurance and payments.
- Follow up with the concerned parties regarding delinquent accounts or unusual collection problems.
- Maintains and supports a safe and compliant environment. Complies with all state and federal laws, Medicare guidelines, procedures and rules.
- Collaborates with the Operations, Clinical Staff and other departments as necessary.
- Identifies errors and communicates with manager for correction.
- Provides outstanding and enthusiastic customer service to patients, physicians and staff.
- Receives and processes requests to restrict the use or disclosure of PHI to non-authorized parties as instructed by the patient or their personal representative.
- Assists with other duties as requested by senior management.
Performs other duties/projects as assigned.
Job ID: 257473143